Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: SEAN_SOUTH
Yeah I had a place in Bedford Park 201 street for a while

I used to get breakfast all the time at the Bedford Cafe (coffee shop/diner) right on the corner of Jerome and Bedford Park Boulevard, across from the car wash and two gas stations.

Theres a pop-up newstand/food stand right on the Getty property walking towards Lehman. FUCKING GOLD MINE. And that Getty was a Sunoco for years and years. A buddy of mine owned it. Jewish kid, but he had all Pakistani help so everyone though the Arabs owned it. Whatever the rationale was, he made an absolute fortune. Then he sold out to "real" Pakistanis. True story lol.

I used to go to Ciro's and even before when it was Jerry's Castle Villa. The best pizza in the neighborhood as I recall. Jerry died and the family sold it to Ciro's. When the Italians left Villa there was no one to support it anymore I guess. Not sure why it closed.

I also liked Jade Garden on Jerome. You don't see Chinese restaurants like those anymore around there.

That newstand was a goldmine alright, I certainly noticed more and more Pakistanis moving into the neighborhood even in McClean Ave there are some shops owned by arabs, definitely more and more moving into the Bronx.

Mind you Webster cafe is nice. I used to use the Bedford Cafe all the time myself, great story Pizzaboy, as usual a fountain of knowledge on the Bronx cool

Last edited by SEAN_SOUTH; 03/12/14 04:33 PM.

'So I say, “Live and let live.” That’s my motto. “Live and let live.” Anyone who can’t go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker. It’s a simple philosophy, but it’s always worked in our family.'

George Carlin