Originally Posted By: HuronSocialAthletic
Originally Posted By: jonnynonos
Originally Posted By: HuronSocialAthletic
Really? So a sex toy factory/welding plant that opened up shop via dirty money is going to run to the feds?

Yes, the operative word being “dirty money.”

Look, here is the point. When the Outfit was in its prime, or closer to its prime, you had people like Aleman strongarming/putting people in bodybags all over to maintain control. Now “people” assert they maintain a similar level of control over certain underworld activities, though there is no more violence, or barely any. I will use Aleman, since I know a little about him. Of course at the time there were at least a half dozen other hitmen who were just as notorious.

Here’s just a few of the people the mob had him kill because, even when it was a terrifying entity, these people wouldn’t toe the line:

http://www.ganglandchicagohistory.com/2010/02/noted-in-passing-harry-hook-aleman-page_1.html

Personally I find it unlikely that they have developed an all new set of tools besides violence to exert control over the underworld.

I don’t think they control the sex industry or anything close to it.

I’m sure they do own a bunch of their own brothels, strip clubs, etc.

And frankly, regarding someone not being able to open a business in Addison, Elmwood Park, Bridgeview or without a visit from the mob, you are delusional.

This board has gone off the rails and is, frankly, in a lot of ways comical.

Except that isn't what your point was. Now you're putting words in mouths & going off on a different tangent altogether.

You equated "hardened criminals" with superior profit margins. "They're the only ones that matter". That was the "point" you were trying to make. You still haven't contributed anything that would support that nonsense.

Extorting car jackers/strippers has not always been one of the Outfit's primary means of profit. It was a popular thing during the 60s-80s amongst the south side families. The northside crews have merely dabbled in it. It was never something that was known as their "bread & butter".

The Outfit are known primarily for two things: juice & gambling. Everything else (burglary, whores, automobile theft) came after those two. That is still their bread & butter. They still use violence to get these things done. The whore business & property fraud has moved up by a good margin.

No one said they've got hordes of murderers in the wings. Nobody said they're running the entire Chicagoland area sex trade. No one said anything remotely close to that.

How about You put Your Money where your mouth is, and just for shits & giggles, contact the Westchester town board & inquire about opening up a dry cleaners. I'm serious.

No, my point is that the Outift, at least in recent times, mostly targets other criminals or people who otherwise can't go to the feds for extortion, etc.

Look at Family Secrets. There is not a single "innocent" person among the victims.

Thus my statement that I don't think hardened criminals would be intimidated by the Outfit much anymore, and they are the only ones who really matter.

Because in recent years criminals, for the most part, are the only ones the Outfit kills, anyway.

LOL... Addison, home Warren Buffett's Pampered Chef.

I'm sure some goon is going up there and roughing him up for a sweaty wad full of cash!