Originally Posted By: LaLouisiane
Originally Posted By: British
We lost a fair few to 'friendly fire' from you lot, as the American forces have no idea what they are doing!

Britain has fought more battles and won more victories than America ever will.

You can give it the keyboard hardman routine all you want, but if its even numbers we would always do you lot..

Its ok turning up with with larger numbers, but maybe you should check out your wee bit of history and see what happened in Vietnam when you got done big time and had to run home....

If I recall y'all are 0-2 against us correct?
1. American Revolutionary War
2. War of 1812.

You can win as many battles as you want against places you colonized that had no chance, but your Zilch against us. And That's That.

Ohh one more; what about when you guys had to withdraw troops from Suez? You remember that British? Refresh me if I'm wrong but you guys almost went to war with the Soviets, who backed the Egyptians, who in turn told you guys to get the hell out of there.
If I remember my history lessons correct, didn't President Eisenhower threaten to sale off the US reserves of the British pound which, would of collapsed your currency completely.

Chalk up another one for good ole 'Merica. That's what 3-0 now? What was that called, "Britain's Waterloo" if I remember correctly?

um, America lost 1812... Also, America was the aggressor. Moreover, as far as wars go, this was barely even considered one in the UK. IIRC they didn't even commit anymore resources in terms of military man power than what was already stationed over in the Canadian colonies. This, of course, was supplemented by local militia auxiliaries and allied native tribes.

FINALLY, on the topic of 1812, this war's ONLY historical importance is that of helping to establish Canada's national identity. Purely contextual. It had no great ramifications, no great loss of life and certainly did not come anywhere close to defeating the British empire.

To be fair, you didn't exactly defeat the British Empire in the revolutionary war either, it was just no longer economically viable to continue fighting for an investment that had little return - a victory of sorts, but not the monumental achievements american history books make it out to be. Not to mention the British were fighting wars elsewhere in the world, over colonies that were far more profitable.

Further, the American revolution was pure bullshit. You seceded on a pretense of taxation without representation, of literally, one to two percent... then "Honest Abe" takes office and increases taxes 47% in the revenue act of 1861, WHICH EXPLICITLY stated the fed would collect taxes under threat of violence if necessary. rofl. Which of course instigated the civil war. Oh wait, that was about slavery, right? Nope. Another historical fallacy for the benefit of the gullible and naive american masses. America has always been and will continue to be about pure MERCANTILISM / industrial warfare.

it's a nation whose own history is subject to multiple revisions and barely at all comes close to resembling reality. This thread shows just how ridiculously the history has been skewed to give your nation a favorable view.

it's probably also worth pointing out that America has never actually won any wars, ever. I mean... Vietnam. Korea. Gulf War. "war on terror". the list goes on and on.

this whole retarded posturing of warfare is completely pointless. Warfare benefits nobody but the rich politicians and the corporate lobbyists who can profit from the sale of arms and rebuilding infrastructure when its all said and done. Nationalism in general is a construct of the state meant to create "sides" and an "us vs them" mentality. As it helps mask and justify the occupation of foreign nations (*cough*IRAQ*cough*)The truth is, America's military might, or someone else's lackthereof is indicative of what, exactly? What is it that gain you in the end? Soldiers are just tools for the upper social stratus to exploit and become richer. are you really proud of that? I'm not. It's disgusting.

Last edited by slumpy; 03/12/14 12:41 PM.