Originally Posted By: HuronSocialAthletic
Really? So a sex toy factory/welding plant that opened up shop via dirty money is going to run to the feds?

Yes, the operative word being “dirty money.”

Look, here is the point. When the Outfit was in its prime, or closer to its prime, you had people like Aleman strongarming/putting people in bodybags all over to maintain control. Now “people” assert they maintain a similar level of control over certain underworld activities, though there is no more violence, or barely any. I will use Aleman, since I know a little about him. Of course at the time there were at least a half dozen other hitmen who were just as notorious.

Here’s just a few of the people the mob had him kill because, even when it was a terrifying entity, these people wouldn’t toe the line:

http://www.ganglandchicagohistory.com/2010/02/noted-in-passing-harry-hook-aleman-page_1.html

Personally I find it unlikely that they have developed an all new set of tools besides violence to exert control over the underworld.

I don’t think they control the sex industry or anything close to it.

I’m sure they do own a bunch of their own brothels, strip clubs, etc.

And frankly, regarding someone not being able to open a business in Addison, Elmwood Park, Bridgeview or without a visit from the mob, you are delusional.

This board has gone off the rails and is, frankly, in a lot of ways comical.