Originally Posted By: SEAN_SOUTH
Originally Posted By: artichoke
In its heyday the mob was feared by convicts as well as prison officials because of the fact the wiseguys could take the beefs outside the walls to the streets. That is a bygone era

The Irish and Italians used to stick together inside, not sure about the Irish Bluebird gang that set up the Aryan brotherhood from San Francisco, they probably couldn't give two fucks if you were Italian or not.

I'd say the Italians still do okay, though the Mexicans hate them on the west coast. The Irish and Italians on the west side of Manhattan, especially HK used to look out for each other according to my Uncle, but he only did a little bid for a drunken street fight. He moved from HK to Inwood cos we had money problems which was a shame cos a few years later that pad was worth a fortune still my family are back in Manhattan now, and I love Inwood though we got hit hard by the storm.

You're in Inwood now, Sean?

Big regret of mine: About ten years ago, we had a chance to buy an apartment building just off Broadway and 207th. I even had the Monsignor from Good Shepherd petitioning the zoning board for me but it fell through at the last minute.

Even in today's real estate market, it's worth about 7 times what we were going to pay for it ohwell.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.