I'm not going to say where I was, though it was a fairly amusing scenario. They lived in the condo that was adjacent to ours/above ours.

Once they got in a drunken brawl and things started flying off their porch past our window onto the lawn; the wife/mom came down and begged us not to call the cops.

Another time the cops were at our house for something and the office told us "You know those people who live next to you have no legal job on record."

Whether they were inspired by movies or the movies are accurate, they were straight out of the movies. Big gaudy sunglasses, gold chains, black trench coats and big black cars.

The uncle got drunk a few times and passed out on their patio furniture on their porch; we went out to get the paper in the morning and saw him sleeping there, dressed in all black.

The kid who got shot was actually just paralyzed, and died later of his wounds, like years later, from what I heard.

Eventually they moved to Vegas. Someone told me they all got arrested and the other son died, but I don't know of what. I think the dad may have died too.

Years later we saw the mom back in town working in the grocery store passing out food samples; my mom said she seemed extremely sad and broken hearted.