Originally Posted By: SEAN_SOUTH
Originally Posted By: slumpy
I have some questions for our IRA enthusiasts;

1. can anyone update me as to the state of irish Republicanism/Separatism? Is the movement still strong?

2. Do CIRA and RIRA mantain a strong presence? Are they carrying out an on going military campaign?

3. Compared to Scotland whose separatist movement has the most momentum?

1) The situation at present is fairly precarious they have remained a potent threat in the north of Ireland and Peter Robinson has now revealed that he would never have entered the peace process if he had known about IRA 'Get Out Of Jail Free Cards' and the Unionists will never compromise so unfortunately things are beginning to look depressing again.

2) Yes the military campaign is ongoing attacks on RUC officers, prison officers and army personnel are still frequent and considering the modern methods they are up against could you imagine LCN taking on the military, the toughest criminals (losers and bums but dangerous gangbangers nonetheless) and having the expertise to surveillance the police at the same time? I don't think so somehow so the IRA are not to be under-estimated even in recent portrayal of Irish gangsters in Dublin (never been the strongest section of the IRA) there's a great RTE flick called Love/Hate which showed how petrified Irish gangbangers still were of "the Rar" as they are known lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1vqCkf37XI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSD8nMfHxiI

Both episodes unmissable smile

If you want a real depiction about what happens when Dublin's mob fucks with "the Rar" then look no further than this episode of RTE drama 'Love/Hate' which shows the Irish mob in Dublin running scared as one their 'pals' lies in hispital for pissing off the IRA or "the Rar" as they are known in Dublin.

Don't listen to abe the IRA aren't the force they were before the peace process but that's like saying the NYC/NJ Mafia haven't been the same since the introduction of RICO.

One difference the IRA are still fighting the army, RUC and Ireland's toughest criminals. So would you underestimate these guys with the millions the Brits are throwing at trying to end them yet the IRA are still alive and kicking don't listen to abe's pro-Brit propaganda he has an agenda and is a pro-Brit Unionist so don't expect a balanced opinion from him.

Sean could you sustain the allegation you outline in this post i said i was pro-Brit Unionist or whatever, i am sitting here waiting on you.