Originally Posted By: Mignon
IMO what a boring episode. Nice that Darryl got some stuff off his chest.

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Yea it wasn't one of the best episodes. Didn't have a whole lot of action but we did get more background on Darryl and what his life was like with Merle and learned a little more about Beth. We know she drinks moonshine. lol

TIS

POSSIBLE SPOILERS POSSIBLE SPOILERS POSSIBLE SPOILERS

While I agree that it was not an action packed episode, I don't agree that it was a boring one. As a matter of fact I thought that it was a very interesting and well written one with a very powerful underlying message to it. We are seeing individual character development from week to week. The bottom line is that the characters are learning to make the transition from PRE-apocalyptic life to POST-apocalyptic life.

Beth, in her wanting to finally try a drink, eventually made Daryl realize that it is time to move forward and "burn" away the memories and feelings of pre-apocalyptic life.....hence burning down the building and saying "F--K you to the old memories of the old way of life that have been torturing these people.

She herself realized that while she may have not been a force in the group, she was a survivor and was still alive. She also made Daryl realize that he was a valued member of the group in that he has saved many lives and is a powerful leader and survivor.

On another note, how great was the scene when they were locked in the trunk waiting for the herd of walkers to go by? One second quiet and the next like a sound of explosion and spiraling confusion! The writers did an excellent job making the viewer feel like Daryl and Beth were feeling at that moment.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.