Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
Ivy you can't deny service to someone simply because they're gay that's wrong. That's what this bill was propagating, it's just disguised as "protection of religious freedom".

In cases where business owners feel it would offend their religious beliefs, such as a florist providing flowers to a gay wedding or a photographer taking pictures at a gay wedding, the state has no business compelling them to provide services. It's all goes back to the First Amendment and religious freedom, which should trump any so called "gay rights."

Quote:
No one's fucking saying you can't worship the way you want, I don't give a damn about what deity people worship as long as it doesn't hurt other people. This bill would do that. The thing about social conservatives is that you all want to maintain you're "Religious rights" yet you want to control what marriage is and what people can and can't do behind a bedroom.

We want marriage to be recognized as it always has been. Not for nature and millenia of tradition to be turned on it's head in a misguided push for so called equality, where we all pretend there's nothing different between a heterosexual marriage and a homosexual one. This has nothing to do with what people do in the bedroom but whether others are forced by the state to recognize their marriage or not.

Quote:
What the hell is it with the right wing Christian groups? You people call yourselves Christians and yet you focus so much on putting down another group of people because of their sexual orientation? Unbelievable. If there ever was a hypocrisy it's that.

First, while I am a Christian (Mormon to be exact) and a conservative, I don't know if I really identify with what people call "right wing conservatives." But I would say there are plenty of things Christians focus on. Not just gays. In fact, most of this wouldn't even be an issue if gays weren't trying to ramrod their agenda through the courts. Or sue business so they can make them provide services. It's the liberal, gay side who are the real intolerant ones here.

Quote:
Why not show a little "Christian charity" and just live and let live. Or better yet, love.

Quote:
And no Ivy love is not "loving the sinner, but then preventing them from becoming ministers, members and marrying"

Secular liberals like yourself, who tend to be spiritually immature, always pit love against obedience. Your simplistic take is to just let everything fly in the name of "love."

Yes, Christ told the mob who was about to stone the woman, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." But, after they left, He also said to the woman, "Go they way and sin no more."

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.