Originally Posted By: cookcounty
spike lee and quinton tarrantino put truths into their movies

And yet Spike had a problem with Tarantino directing "Django Unchained." Didn't he?

And I like Spike Lee, Cook. But you're so fucking ignorant that I can't help but play Devil's Advocate.

So if it's okay for Spike Lee to make films depicting life in an Italian American neighborhood, why does Spike always seem to have a problem with White directors making films about urban Black life? He shouldn't be able to have it both ways.

And again, I like Spike. But his biggest problem is that he's an "artsy" director. And when you're that kind of filmmaker, you take pride in never "selling out." But you never make the money that mainstream directors make, either. And I think Spike is starting to resent that in his middle age.

So is it right that Tyler Perry has a net worth that's ten times what Spike's is? In theory, probably not. But in practice, that's the way of the world. Money talks and bullshit walks. If you want the money, then put it above your art. Sell out, or shut the fuck up about it.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.