http://www.sundayworld.com/top-stories/crime-desk/republican-chief-denies-threat-claims

IRV boss McDonagh says Belfast mob didn't force group to disband.

James McDonagh has denied that he was forced to disband his IRV group
THE leader of a breakaway republican group which split earlier this month claims they were not forced to stand down and has denied claims he was involved in drugs.

James McDonagh set up Irish Republican Voice (IRV) in June last year after a falling out between him and former associates in the 32 County Sovereignty Movement.

The group split in February after less than a year in existence.

Republican sources claim IRV were given 24 hours to stand down by Northern-based terror group Óglaigh na hÉireann and did so within a matter of hours.

OnH had forced another group, Irish Volunteers, to stand down in Belfast two days before that.

However, in a statement released to the Sunday World, McDonagh denied IRV were forced to stand down.

“No other Republican Organisation told IRV what to do. We stood down Irish Republican Voice on February 5. We did it for Irish Republican unity.

“I hope this Statement will put end to the lies been said about IRV and about myself. Anyone that was in IRV did there best for the Irish people.”

McDonagh, a former pal of murdered terror boss Alan Ryan, and a number of other associates have joined up with Republican Sinn Fein, who are in direct dispute with OnH.

He said that he left 32 CSM last year because there was a “lot of infighting” that he and others weren’t happy with.

He said republicans began to spread rumours he was a drug user after he left 32CSM.

“Days and weeks following my resignation lies were been said that I was taking drugs in a nightclub in Dublin. I have never in my life taken any drugs or anything like that.”