Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: domwoods74
Ivy I agree with u regarding the Chicago mob , but don't u think there is more than 28 ?? The Feds have prob downplayed the number somewhat , I bet there is at least 10 more . Unless you r in the know , how do u know there wasn't a making ceremony last night ?? U just don't know , most of it is heresay and guess work . People get a semblance of the truth through reading between the lines , however IVY u seem to be a knowledgable guy , I agree with the majority of things u say

What reason do people have to believe the feds have "downplayed" the number of made Outfit members? Answer: None. Some people just don't like the figure. They personally think (or wish) there are more members. So they try to find reasons to explain away what at least three different FBI officials in Chicago have said.

Originally Posted By: mulberry
There are 25 FBI agents for the 5 families. That's 600 made guys with probably another 3-5000 associates. That's 1 agent per 200 mobsters. I'd be surprised if there's more than one agent working full-time on any of the other families.

It's at least 700 total made members in New York.

They could be downplaying it to the public to make it seem like the Feds are keeping them in check or the Outfit is in it on it with some feds up in Chicago and want to change the numbers to public to become more unassuming?