Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
Yeah there's a couple good Detroit posters on here maybe they'll post something. Hilf seemed like a real important guy. Interesting to see that surveillance photo of him. FBI must still have some guys in Detroit doing surveillance.

The Detroit FBI still has a team devoted to "traditional organized crime" in the area as they put it. They seem to be a bit more cautious when it comes to indicting based on past failures such as the Wolverine Gambling indictments (all acquitted), and the underwhelming convictions of Gametax.

These surveillance photo's were probably taken as part of the 2006 gambling bust, where Hilf was an un-indicted co-conspirator. Again, the 2006 bust didn't net any big convictions; Jack Giacalone was acquitted, and Pete Tocco served around 2 years.

Hilf was also connected to the 2008 University of Toldeo point shaving case. Hilf and Giacalone were apparently pulling the strings behind the scenes, and never indicted or mentioned.

"I was hoping this article might get some feedback from the Detroit posters. I was wondering what impact this will have on Jackie Giacalone's bookmaking operations."

Hilf and Giacalone were attached at the hip, especially after Jack's father, Vito Giacalone died. I'm guessing that Hilf's action will largely be transferred to Jack Giacalone. He had one of the biggest books in the country, the Detroit mob certainly isn't going to let that much action disappear.