With the fall of the Soviet Union and the collapse of the military sistem, many soldiers also specialize as the spitnaz , has without work or with a pitiful wage , have preferred to join criminal groups. For anyone who has seen eastern promises or lord of war will understand what I'm talking about, from 1992 to today,the Russian Mafia have done what the mafia have done in 100 years. In addition, they are ruthless , cruel, haven't fear of ending up in federal prisons than those that holiday.Most are big importers of heroin from Afghanistan, and for their selectivity , each tatoo describing an activity and the elite : the vor and zacogne or "thieves of the law" are considered at the level of mafia godfathers .
Moreover, while Italy and was a valuable ally in the joint struggle against the Mafia , the same can't be said of Russia, where there is a lot of corruption , even at high levels.
I think that the mafia has ceased to be a danger to the US after the 90s , and I think the FBI should focus more on the Russians , Latinos , and Blacks in that order and then think about the Mafia.