Originally Posted By: bobbyvegas
A very long time ago, i remember seeing a news report showing john gotti from jail talking about the giacalone's to fade some heat off the gambino's.cant remember if he was talking to junior or his brother peter. But he was basically trying to steer heat off new york to detroit. Im not saying anything about a war between the 2, but what do you think detroit thought about it.i know detroit couldnt do shit about it.but as a member of cosa nostra, thats a fucked up thing to do by gotti.couldn't find it on the internet. Does anyone on here recall the conversation?Dell or any of the other longtime posters?

From what I remember (I unfortunately have not been unable to find the conversation either), Gotti wasn't trying to pin any heat on the Giacalone's, Tony Jack to be specific. They shared a lawyer, and had a mutual friend.

I also have heard from a reliable source that between Tony Jack's release from Prison in 85-86, and Gotti's arrest in 1990, Tony Jack went to New York and possibly met with Gotti.