Originally Posted By: abc123
Originally Posted By: SEAN_SOUTH
abe, you were the one that referenced Paul Williams, a reporter who has been completely discredited as a fraud as well as a Gardai mouthpiece who is well known for dreaming up comic book nicknames glamorizing low level bums with dumb nicknames in order
to make out some next band of deadbeats are the new superhero gangsters on the block that will wipe out the IRA or failing that like the UCA (Universal Cheerleaders Association) at least supply aspiring Irish crooks with some distracting "GO CAFF BOYS" dance routines to distract the IRA as they reach for their guns lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm_18ixJZ9I

This reporter is a renowned fraud who is also irrational in his anti-IRA propaganda to the point of hysteria that even the Irish Independent have told him to "Pipe down a bit". A paper which despises the IRA with a passion. They even go as far as to say that his obvious bias renders his reporting almost irrelevant due to it being so unbalanced and misleading. Here's a critique of his hysterical reporting on a TV report. He was supposed to be exposing criminal activity...

'However, instead of providing an exposé he contented himself with innuendo and abuse, some of it so vehement that the viewer almost felt sympathy for the die-hard fanatics and professional agitators who've latched on to this bitter campaign'.

Wow! Even the Irish Independent see his anti-IRA bias bordering on downright comedy perhaps he should stick to comedy instead? His anti-Irish bitterness is astounding but then he is a West Brit so I can understand why you reference him so frequently abe wink.

Dubliner Niall Harnett was "one of the ringleaders" and "a full-time eco warrior", while retired local schoolteacher Maura Harrington was the "diva" of the protest and the "pin-up girl of every sect of the republican movement". Apologists for the Real IRA, he confided, "are among her biggest fans". Harrington and her "vociferous comrades", he told us later, "run a slick propaganda machine", while in general the protest has attracted "every shade of red and green".

But you may as well be asking an orange order drum-beater for his opinion than expecting any nuance or balance from this guy. Sadly abe I'm sorry to say all you seem to be doing is putting words in my mouth that I never said or manipulating what I have wrote down to the point where you just ain't making any sense.

I said Martin Cahill colluded with the UVF and worked with them, I never said he had a hand in setting up the pub bombings though I couldn't give two fucks what the RUC or Gardai says. They are plain liars and scumbags anyway and I wouldn't believe a word they say. I'm not Paul Williams, West Brit Gardai mouthpiece and drug bum propaganda King.

He was certainly killed by Irish dissidents we can qyibble about the who's, the where's and why's but what we can take as golden is that Paul William's word don't mean shit.

abe you have posted some interesting stuff in the past so I don't wanna be too hard on you but it is important for readers to know you're a West Brit because for balance alone it is important to know how distortion of facts can revise history. The Brits are experts at that hence the typical ignorance of posters like 'British' and 'Five Ritalin Please I Need Therapy' whose only felony is the crap he posts which is just juvenile trash.

http://winnowinghistory.blogspot.ie/2000/09/biggest-fence-in-irish-history-dies.html

Cahill never met the loyalists.

FACTS again Sean, come back when you have some thanks.

20 September 2000
Irish Times
Elaine Keogh and Jim Cusack

Known associate of the country's most dangerous criminals succumbs to cancer after a lifetime handling stolen property. Tommy Coyle, the biggest criminal "fence" ever to operate in the Republic and associate of some of the State's most infamous criminal and paramilitary figures, has died of cancer at the age of 50.

Coyle, who lived in Drogheda, "handled" the multi-million-pound haul of paintings stolen from the home of Sir Alfred Beitin Co Wicklow in March 1986. In 1990 he was detained in connection with one of the biggest robberies in Britain. He was arrested at Heathrow Airport as he was about to board a flight to Dublin along with two other men. British police found #77.3 million sterling in treasury bonds in luggage but were unable to get convictions. Charges against one of the men were withdrawn and Coyle and the other man were acquitted on charges of conspiracy to handle stolen treasury bonds.

The bonds were part of a haul worth #291 million which had been stolen in the City of London from a courier in May 1990. Other bonds turned up around the world as other criminal fences tried to dispose of them. Coyle's reputation as the State's leading "fence" (an agent who accepts and sells on stolen goods from robbers) led to his relationship with the notorious Dublin criminal, Martin Cahill, in the mid-1980s. Cahill's gang had carried off the relatively simple robbery of the paintings from Russborough House, Co Wicklow, on March 19th, 1986. Coyle had links to a former RUC detective who had turned to crime and built up a career as an international drug trafficker and who, in turn, had links to the stolen art and artefacts trade in Europe.

This man had close links with loyalists in mid-Ulster. Cahill handed over the paintings to Coyle who passed them on to the ex-RUC man and his associates. Cahill never met the loyalists.

The process of disposing of the paintings was difficult and in March 1990 three of the loyalists were arrested in Istanbul trying to sell the paintings. All the paintings, including a priceless Vermeer, were later recovered. It is believed that Coyle might have paid Cahill about #400,000 for the paintings but made relatively little himself.

Coyle, who was married with two adult children, was also an associate of the notorious republican gunman Dominic McGlinchey, who led a murderous gang of Irish National Liberation Army (INLA) members in the Border area during the 1980s before he was arrested after a shoot-out with gardai. After he was released from prison in the Republic McGlinchey moved back to the Border and was seen in the company of Coyle and another Dublin criminal figure, Martin Foley, who was shot and injured only a week ago.

On the evening of February 10th, 1994, McGlinchey and his son Dominic jnr had eaten with Tommy Coyle in Drogheda. A few minutes after McGlinchey left Coyle's company he was killed in a hail of bullets as he made a telephone call from a kiosk in the town.

McGlinchey was killed by members of a Border family with paramilitary and criminal connections. McGlinchey, and his wife Mary who had been assassinated in January 1987, had been blamed for killing two members of the family.

At the time gardai denied allegations that he was shot by the loyalist gunman Billy Wright who founded the extreme Loyalist Volunteer Force (LVF) in 1996. This story appeared to arise from reports that Coyle met Wright some years ago as part of his operation to "fence" the Beit paintings. On July 4th, 1997, he was brought before the Special Criminal Court and charged with conspiring to rob millions of pounds worth of computer equipment being shipped from NEC Semi-Conductors, in Ballivor, Co Meath.

Gardai also recovered two stolen oil paintings by the leading Victorian Irish artist, Sir John Lavery. The charges against Coyle were subsequently withdrawn. The Criminal Assets Bureau looked into Coyle's sources of income, as he had no visible means of support. An enthusiastic gambler, he at one point owned a horse he named 77 Mill, apparently in memory of the treasury bond scam he almost pulled off. Gardai say Coyle maintained links to the international drugs scene and was a frequent visitor to a London-based criminal dynasty and to the south of Spain where he met a number of Irish drug dealers and criminals.

Last year Coyle allegedly suffered a beating at the hands of a UK drugs gang. He never made any complaint to police.

So Cahill didn't meet with Loyalists according to some obscure blog you have found in the darkest recesses of the web.

I don't see where this is going abe, what difference would it even make if Cahill never met the Loyalists? He knew he was colluding with them and that fact alone sealed his sorry fate.

That simple fact will not change no matter how much spin you out on it. Paul Williams is a well known liar and the fact that you keep referencing him as a source on this forum is nothing but a total disgrace rolleyes.

Last edited by SEAN_SOUTH; 02/20/14 03:55 PM.

'So I say, “Live and let live.” That’s my motto. “Live and let live.” Anyone who can’t go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker. It’s a simple philosophy, but it’s always worked in our family.'

George Carlin