In 2002 I went on a "pilgrimage" to Italy. It was through our church and led by our parish priest. Being a pilgrimage we visited many religious sites, as well as historical. It was by far one of the most enjoyable, inspirational ten days I've ever spent. The trip was organized through the Catholic Travel Center, each day we celebrated mass in a different location.

The towns/cities we visited were in order; Anzio, Nettuno, Sorrento, Amalfi, Pompeii, Rome, Assisi, Florence, Tivoli. We attended mass in St. Peter's grottoes where the Popes are buried, the basilicas of St. Paul and St. Mary Major; in the catacombs of St. Calixto, the abbey of St Benedict, the basilica of St. Francis of Assisi, Church of St. Andrew in Amalfi and several others. We visited the Uffizi Art Museum in Florence, the ruins of Pompeii, the Colosseum in Rome. We drank wine that tasted like no other and enjoyed a beautiful country with friendly, beautiful people. Mamma Mia, I want to go back.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12