Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
Originally Posted By: British
The British army is recognised as the best in the world

they are right up there, that's for sure. along with us over here, they are widely regarded to have the best trained, best motivated and most experienced guys in the world. a strong case can be made that the SAS are hands down the best special operations force in the world. the royal marine commandos are the cream of the crop as far as amphibious forces are concerned. they have the 2nd best navy in the world and a top notch airforce.

now i already know that some are going to use that against me and say "and the ira beat them" blah, blah, blah. you guys do realize that the conflict in northern ireland was fought with political decisions in mind right? to put it bluntly, if we are talking a real war the brits could round up the whole country and put them in internment camps if they saw fit, or simply reduce the whole of ireland to a pile of rumble from the air.

A real war? What on earth are you talking about? They deployed an active terrorist cell in Northern Ireland that colluded with the UVF to commit the biggest bombing atrocity in Belfast so what is so 'real' about that?

The hunger strikers grew up watching their homes burned down by cowardly Loyalists and it has been proven that they instigated the troubles at a time the Republican community simply wanted equal rights and peace. And you're singing the praises of the SAS? Why? They failed miserably in Ireland and what's more you are completely missing the point. Everyone knows the IRA were not an army with millions upon millions of pounds worth of resources, they were freedom fighters living on courage and grit. Something the protestants didn't have. Bobby Sands went 66 days without food before dying. When the Loyalist prisoners went on hunger strike they couldn't last one.

And if the SAS were so good why could they never infiltrate the South Armagh brigade? Why did they overfly South Armagh in Chinooks? They had more money, resources and power, everybody knows that. But the IRA were just a band of freedom fighters fighting on pure courage, bravery and out of a damn righteous fight for survival so you are displaying your ignorance again like the posters above.

It was a real war and I lay wreaths down every year to commemorate my fallen comrades as do many Americans from Boston and New York who fought in Vietnam so you can stick your worship of the SAS where the sun don't shine.

Real war? A real war would have been the Loyalist paramilitaries who instigated this fight against the IRA and without the SAS, the RUC and the British army to hide behind I think we all know who would win that fight.

The IRA inflicted more casualties on Loyalist paramilitaries than they ever did on the IRA so the SAS, the RUC, the paras, the marines, the British army or even the damn Queen couldn't keep down the Irish who were fighting a war they never started in the first place, remember that.

Explain to me what right they have to occupy six counties and then get back to me. Even SAS soldiers have confessed that the IRA soldiers in South Armagh were too tough and secretive to infiltrate.

The British have no right to occupy Irish land, that's why it is called Ireland. You tell me the 'political decisions' that give Britain the right to occupy Ireland?

And fuck the SAS, they got their asses kicked in Basra too.

'So I say, “Live and let live.” That’s my motto. “Live and let live.” Anyone who can’t go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker. It’s a simple philosophy, but it’s always worked in our family.'

George Carlin