Originally Posted By: trophydave
sorry arm i have to respectively disagree with you. i think your description of the calabrians might of held true in the 70s and 80s, and to give u credit, stories about the toronto clans, are probably exaggerated, but i think this is a more sophisticated and more dangerous generation of clans here in Toronto now. what people sometimes forget is that the clans here in Toronto for the most part represent the interests of the commisso ndrina in siderno, one of the most powerful clans period, which in turn gives the group in Ontario alot of sway.

im still not convinced the Toronto clans had any intention of controlling the Montreal underworld. i think it was a straight up eye for eye vendetta killings of key rizzuto's members responsible for the violi murders 30 plus years ago

I can only tell you what I have seen, and heard both forst and second hand while in Canada.
No Structure
No Hiarchey
No Organization
Just gangs of sereously drug addicted 1st and 2nd generation zips in nickle and dime rackets no one that matters is interested in.
I was at a church feast in Bramption a couple of years ago, three of these mooks were accrioss the street selling Cigeretts and bottles of congac with no tax stamp out of the trunk of a car, stuff I did whan I was 16 years old.

Been there and done it
I am very much for real, so if you ask, make sure you really want to know.