Ahhh.... what an image! Did you take the photo?

An aside: for most of my life, I couldn't stand calamari, or anything like it. Of course, it turned out that the few times I had tried it, it was prepared terribly. My conversion came around five or so years ago, when a good friend (who was also Maid of Honor at my wedding, as well as being my first date in high school!) suggested we try an Italian restaurant in her neighborhood in Queens, New York. Well, I certainly changed my opinion that day! I also remember that they had a linguine made with squid ink; a deep purplish-black in color. Besides being absolutely delicious, it was perfectly cooked - a rarity in restaurants, I'm sorry to say. The owner was a very gregarious gentleman who would go from table to table, making sure every customer was satisfied with their meal. Well, I was definitely satisfied - and I insisted he tell whoever prepared our dinner how pleased we were. It was one of the best restaurant meals I've ever had.

Now, if I could only remember the name of the restaurant! confused

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."