I guess after Nicky and them guys there was no one really left. The Genovese Family were hit hard with Bobby Manna and some of them guys being hit with indictments and they probably washed their hands with Nicky's blood spilling. Gotti who wanted to rule the whole Commission saw it as a golden opportunity because he was able to get Stanfa (Gambino loyalist) installed as the number one. Like I say I don't think the Genovese guys could be bothered with the attention they would have gotten if they stuck around to sort out the mess. From history the Genovese Family are low key and the situation in Philly was a nightmare with so many guys flipping. That's when cheerleader Ralph Natale offered encouragement to Joey, and from bits of information might have reached out to some Genovese guys in prison and offered to hand Philly's support to them if they backed him and Joey taking over the Family.

I guess whatever you say about Joey at least (up to now) he hasn't flipped. He did the crimes and paid the price, not many guys do that in the modern day La Cosa Nostra, even if the sentences are a few years, its easier to flip then rot in prison while your family struggles.

What amazes me about the Philly Family and many other Families is that they don't seem to learn from their mistakes. They still talk in risky places and deal with people who might be a rat (Ron Previte comes to mind).

Today however the FBI and law enforcement in general is to sophisticated. They are to much stealthy today then they were in the past were they wanted the mobsters to know they were under investigation, so they could shake up the hornets nest. Whatever new generation tech the FBI have today is probably mind blowing.

Then using the Philly Family as an example they seem to be riddled with informants. but that goes for the other Families as well--top to bottom informants lurk and feed law enforcement with information.

That's why the experts refer to the mob's golden era before RICO came along because they were always two steps ahead of the Government.

Enter the RICO law and forget about it, that was the end for the mob and many other ethnic organized crime groups, the only reason we here more about La Cosa Nostra is because its a brand name in the annuals of organized crime in America, and it makes the better headlines.

For example take the Chinese gangster (no disrespect) to them but they look boring and have really no personality with names hard to pronounce.
Then you hit in the face by guys like "Peter Killer", "Handsome Jack", "Big Tuna", "Nick The Nose", "Sally no Balls", and so on.

I will stop since I have gone off the subject completely lol

anymore stories you can share Serp would be great.