I watched the show and enjoyed most of the performances. I would have liked a little more history and commentary (especially Letterman's interview with Paul and Ringo), but I understand the need to include the younger musicians.

I don't mind Katy Perry changing the gender of the lyrics (everybody does it) for Yesterday, the most recorded song in history. But I did find fault in her performace as it was the most overdramatic version of the song I ever heard. The song itself is a classic and deserves to be highlighted, but I got the impression that her performance was more about her than the song.

Ringo did a great job, but I was reminded of Lennon's reply when asked if he had any regreets in his career: "When I said, 'Hey, Paul, let's let Ringo sing one."

I was also glad to see Dhani Harrison perform on Something. George was further honored by having two of his other songs showcased. While My Guitar Gently Weeps, I thought, was the best cover of the night.

Finally I couldn't escape the thought of how wonderful the night would have been, if Lennon and Harrison were still with us. Particularly it is frustrating still to think that someone like Chapman can deprive the world of John Lennon on a whim.