Like you, I'm not a fan of Yellow Submarine...or Octopus' Garden. I guess the teacher picked Yellow Submarine because she couldn't very well have the four and five year-olds stand before their families and sing "Why Don't We Do it in the Road."

I have a colleague who did a will for an aging gentleman, who wanted to establish the Beatles' songs to be played at his funeral service: The Long and Winding Road, Let it Be, Strawberry Fields Forever, In My Life, and the closing song of Hey Jude.

The attorney contacted the church before having the will signed, and was told that secular songs- no matter how good- could not be incorporated into a church service. The attorney told his client, who said that would be no problem and he would revise his copy of the will and meet with the lawyer the next day.

The following day he arrived and showed his revision, which merely consisted of the following:

I hereby direct that my funeral service shall not be a church service, and that it shall proceed as described below."