Originally Posted By: klydon1
TIS, my earliest memories of them unfortunately are around when they were breaking up. I remember in kindergarten listening to older kids debate whether John was better than Paul. Of course, all of the girls liked Paul.

I graduated kindergarten in June, 1969, and one of the songs that we sang at our program was "Yellow Submarine."

Kly, you are just a spring chicken. You youngster you!! wink

Honestly, Yellow Submarine is one of my least favorite Beatle song of which there are only a few. They had Beatle cartoon show also, by the way. I can't recall if Yellow Submarine was the title or not.

Paul was always labeled the cute one. I gotta say tho, between him and Ringo, Ringo seems to be aging better IMHO.

When I was in NY a few years ago, I was walking in Central Park by the "Strawberry Fields" Beatle tribute area and coincidentally a teacher with a class of high school choir students came and entertained people by singing a few Beatle songs. Right place, right time I guess. smile

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon