Hi Pedasso,

Your defense of Scott is admirable. Scott is well aware that I disagree with some of his information, he's a reporter/writer, so he understands that there will be critics of the information he provides. I will say that "I stand corrected" on his publisher, as "most" local mob authors typically use a self publishing website to publish their books because there just isn't a demand for mob books like there used to be. FYI-I'm not trying to get myself published, I am in very good shape financially and am able to provide a nice life for my family, plus I have a 19 month old that I have to chase around, so time is not on my side. I do research for several mob authors as a hobby, I have no intention of being an author, as I work in Healthcare and it is a 24/7 field.

I know Jackie the Kid is the new boss, what I meant by my statement was that Scott portrays him as a "rising star." My question is, a rising star of what? A rising star of a family that is on the decline? While I appreciate your support of Scott's information, it doesn't mean that everybody has to agree with Scott or your point of view. I have always said that Scott is "no doubt" the expert historian on Detroit and has more knowledge than anybody on the subject.

FYI-From personal experience with Scott, he has pulled the I'm published card with me and it obviously didn't go over well. Also, I have been a critic of Jerry Capeci and George Anastasia, so it's not like I have singled out Scott. Ironically, one of the authors I research for used to work for Jerry Capeci and is good friends with him and I have not made it a secret. Anytime a person is a public figure, whether an author, a reporter, a U.S. Attorney, they are subject to both sides of the equation; some people believe every word they say and some people don't. All I did was point out some inaccuracies in statements that he has made pertaining to specific subjects.

Also, I find it amusing that on Real Deal so many "active posters" were very quick to shit all over Matt Birbeck for his new book, The Quiet Don. Matt even took the time to come on the forum to answer some questions. While I did read several inaccuracies in his "published" book, I at least had the balls to email him personally to make him aware of a few fallacies and inaccurate statements....funny, I don't see anybody jumping to his defense anywhere on the forum. The same goes for Scott Dietche, I've read all his books and they were fantastic in my opinion, but I'm sure Scott D has received critical feedback in his work.

You seem to take it very personally, almost like I insulted your work. I don't know you, but all I was doing was agreeing with another poster who said that they'd believe Macombguy over Scott Burnstein...and I shared some inaccuracies to support the aforementioned statement. I'm very glad to know that the "majority" of RD posters love Scott...although nobody knows him personally, I find it odd...Scott is "an asset" to RD and I will reiterate that he is hands down the most well versed historian on Detroit, but that doesn't mean that I have to agree with "everything" he states. I believe his knowledge of the past Detroit Family, I just don't believe the family is on the rise and the "theory" that they are smarter than everybody else, a phenomenon that has been perpetuated by his following.

I am truly happy for Scott's success, as I wish nobody any harm. I'm sure Scott has received critical feedback as well, as that is part of being in the public eye. With that said, I thank you for allowing me to answer your post in an honest, straight forward manner. Welcome to this forum and I hope you find this forum helpful in the areas of your interest.

Warm Regards,

JCB1977

Last edited by JCB1977; 02/07/14 11:15 AM.