Originally Posted By: ChiTown
Originally Posted By: EricKumerow
Originally Posted By: ChiTown
Originally Posted By: funkster
Was Mario Rainone shelved after almost beefing?

The fact the guy was caught out doing burglaries at his age with Rudy Fratto's dumbfuck brother-in-law probably proves yes...he was stripped of all his rackets. Mario was a major player in the 1980s with Jimmy LaValley. At this point, he was just trying to make ends meet any way he could. I believe his ex-wife went on to marry Billy Daddono who is still a serious guy and that is probably why Mario's son continues to hang around Outfit types without getting slapped around.

While I won't completely disagree these guys will do just about anything if they think its an easy score. What about the old guys breaking into the dead guys house a couple years ago looking for the marlborough diamond?

I don't think any of them are mensa members.

Actually Scalise and Rachel are extremely intelligent:
http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/May-2012/The-Mobs-Last-Gasp/

I think the issue with these three is that they were addicted to the "score" and simply couldn't stop.

Good article. Author quite strongly points out that Scalise and the others don't fear retribution. Think he misses the point....why would the current day outfit hit them over LaPietra, who has been dead now for 14 years?