One thing I can tell you for certain from experience is that when you are over in Italy, especially in the Napoli region, they take their pizza very seriously and only use fresh herbs and the highest quality ingredients that is typically made from scratch (such as sausage, capicola, cheese, prosciutto, pepperoni, salami). They laugh at how America has "chain" pizza restaurants. When my family comes to America to visit once a year, I always make it a point to take them to the best, privately owned pizza parlors in town because all they do is bitch and moan. Another thing I could tell you for certain is that when I visit Italy, the pizza over there is over the top fantastic, some of the best I've ever had. From the dough (which is homemade) to the last bite of homemade sausage and fresh buffalo mozzarella, it is an entirely different experience. I am a pizza snob and I fancy myself as a pizza connoisseur, as I've had pizza all over the country and from several different regions in Italy as well as Sardinia. While the type of pizza is personal choice (deep dish, NY thin crust, Sicilian, Neapolitan etc), the ingredients and the sauce is what truly makes a pizza taste like heaven. And I will admit that I still love to grab a Papa Johns dipped in garlic and cheese sauce on a drunken night out.