Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
im guessing that rossario wasnt a citizen is probly the main reason why extradition to italy in the first place. im just going off of memory here, but from what i remember both John and Rosario Gambino were in pretty much the same situation where they were both found guilty and jailed for drug trafficking in the US for their part of the pizza connection and Italy wanted them both extradited to be tried for the same crimes. they didnt grant John's extradition request because he would be tried for the same crime that he already served time for and the judge said that was unconstitutional but yet they granted extradition for Rosario...i never really understood the judicial process there, unless im missing something.

I thought it was because John and Joe pleaded guilty while Rosario didn't. I don't know why that makes a difference, but that's what I always thought.

And why wouldn't Rosario become a US citizen? He was already found guilty in Italy and knew they wanted to deport him. It only makes sense that he should apply for citizenship.

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese