Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
Same here, saw him with his kids at a film festival over the holidays in SOHO. Shame he went out like this, RIP.

First of all, it's good to see you posting, Dap. I know your reasons for staying away, but you can still send a guy a pm once in awhile wink.

Now on to Hoffman. Do you remember my building on West 8th Street where I offered you the apartment awhile back?

Now given the proximity of the building to Washington Square Park, and knowing the city as you do, it will come as no surprise for you to hear that I've seen Hoffman in the park with his son at least two or three times. Cute, happy kid with long shaggy hair, just like his father. So I feel terrible for the kids and for their mother. I really do. But it's just getting harder and harder for me to sympathize with Hollywood types who do this to themselves.

Now addiction is an awful thing, but he had the money for the best rehabs available to man. On a snowy day like this there are about 400 people at Bellevue or Saint Barnabas waiting for a bed to detox in. And it's gonna be a painful wait for them. Not so for people like Hoffman and Whitney Houston. They didn't WANT to sober up. And now they're dead.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.