Evidence, or are you basing your information on lack of indictments, which is as lopsided as saying they are thriving because of this fact? Both sides are incorrect, and too black and white.

Again you are reaching for saying that MORE Italians means LESS potential for organized crime. Am I saying all Italian Americans in the Detroit area are involved? Hell no, that would mean I'm involved.

The Detroit family is certainly not defunct, evidence please...again if you only use Google, you will be missing many of the cases against the family in the last 20 years. Look at MacombGuys' posts, there are many more than the 1996 and 2006 busts. These are straight from the Macomb, Wayne, and Oakland county databases. Unfortunately, the MSP doesn't have a free searchable site, so there is potentially even more busts we don't have access to. Just because it isn't reported in the news, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

You are also forgetting, the Detroit family has had crews in Windsor since it's inception. It's the same handful of families controlling the action, why would they discontinue operations in a city 5 minutes across the border? Tony Palazzolo, (recognize the last name?), looks over the downriver area and Windsor.

Regarding the D'Anna's, your information is outdated. It's no longer called, "Il Pomo d'Oro", the name is changed back to Tirami Su, but the sign reads Tirami Su PIZZERIA, emphasis on the Pizzeria, Tirami Su is smaller in font. It was never truly under new management.

Who told you this info about the D'Annas? I personally know Pietro Ventigmilia, the guy who the D'Annas beat the shit out of (allegedly the beating was overblown, but knowing Pietro before and after, he has changed). And he says personally he is/was intimidated by them, they are the real deal. I also have a family member who runs a business across the street from Tirami Su, and he's heard stories from fellow Italians and "shady" Albanians, about the D'Anna's. They all point to the opposite of what you're saying about them.

When did I claim they "run" the townships? That area is their base of operation. Not only because that area is where they live, but also because that is where the highest concentration of Italians in the Metro area lives, I should know about that, I live there, I can also give you cold hard statistics if you want.

Not only are the D'Anna's being indicted in Michigan, they've also been indicted in Sicily recently as well. I'm talking about Girlamo and Giuseppe, not their cousins and uncles who truly do run Terrasini. Connections to Sicily are present to this day, especially to Terrasini. Jack Tocco donated money to the city to build a church in the last 10 years, in conjunction with the D'Anna's connection. Remember this is the city where most of the Detroit family is rooted from. Also Cinisi and Partinico as well (not claiming current connections to those two cities).

The Detroit family is is certainly not defunct, or close to it today. In the next 25-30 years will be a different story.

I know people in the past have claimed Detroit is all powerful, 60+ full fledged members, crews all over the country, and controlling the politics in the area. That is unrealistic, just as is saying they are defunct. It's somewhere in the middle, approx 40 fully made members, with the potential to have 10 more or so being made in the future. Be mindful many of the current members are older, so that number will stay around 40-45 in the coming years, even with new made members. And yes there have been making ceremonies since Jack Tocco has been out of jail, he isn't dumb and is not dormant. There were crews across the country in the hey-day, but no anymore, the activity is heavily concentrated in the Metro area now. Still some connections to politics, Tony LaPiana on tape with Kwame and Bob Ficano, light sentences to the D'Anna's and others by Judge Caretti, and Jack Tocco's hilarious sentencing by Judge O'Meara after being found guilty of RICO predicates.

Life is gray people, especially in a secret society, which people tend to forget.

Kuci, I'm not attacking you, I'm just posting the information that I know and from what I've been told by many trustworthy people. I appreciate the discussion.