Hey tt120. My best guest on why Rene and Tommy Marrotta have been listed as made members in the Bonannos is that they both spent some time in NYC, and both were observed meeting with Bonanno guys. The Feds knew he was a made guy, and at the time they heard he was asking for their support against Valenti. Rochester is a strange place. You have guys that were made by different families so it has always been hard to decipher what is going on. I think they thought that Rene became a Bonanno when he asked for their help. This is just my best guess.

I do have a short anecdote to share. I have more to share in the future as well. This was back in the very early 1980s, right before Russotti and company went to the clink. I was walking down the street on Jay with my mother, when I observed who I learned later was Dominic Taddeo attacking a heavy set Italian man. Dom was raining blows on him and blood was all over his face and fists. Meanwhile within eye shot of the beating is a police officer directing traffic. An old woman ran up to the man to report the beating, and he looked at who was fighting and then turned the other way and continued directing traffic. When it became clear the cop was not going to help she ran to Rene's clubhouse.

I will never forget who came out. It was basically the who's who of Rochester, Rene, Tony G, Angelo Amico, Red Russotti, and several others. Red and Rene gave Dom a look that put chills down the spine of everyone who saw it. The fight stopped and they called an ambulance to report a traffic accident.

You say share my life, and I think share my tequila. And then I think.... no.-Principal Lewis