Originally Posted By: StLguy
The Chinese, however, are coming from a country with one of the worlds largest economies and, despite recent slowdowns, one of the world's fastest growing. They are coming from a country which is technologically and militarily advanced. There coming from a country with a large international presence. That is a hell of a lot different than some irish guy jumping on a boat because he can't find enough potatoes. If you think that hipster are obnoxious and annoying, wait until these people reach a critical mass. They'll be like the Cubans in Miami. Then you really will see a new Brooklyn, a new Bronx, etc and the hipsters will be just as unwelcomed there as the people which you hope to protect. And if anyone tries to oppose them, the mother country will get involved and try to twist arms. I remember reading a while back that Italy had already some problems like that with China.(Yes, I know that there are a lot of generalizations here, but I;m going for a general idea, not pinpoint accuracy)

I will address other points later.

They also have special interests group that whine more about racism than Al Sharpton.Remember when jermy lyn was making a name for himself in the NBA no braodcaster was allowed to use ch*nk in the armour refrence.Im just wondering if they have ethnic special interests groups in china that have this much power.