I'm not sure how we went from a thread in a different section (the Mafia), to the Hipsters, to the Chinese. But what the hell, I'm game whistle.

If you're asking me if I'm happy that the Chinese are buying up property here left and right, then the answer is a big fat NO. Of course not. But that has nothing to do with how annoying these hipster kids are right now. So if you're speaking of accepting the hipsters as the lesser of two evils in the long run, then you may have a point. But that doesn't make them any less of a nuisance right now.

As far as things changing here in New York, it's not going to happen. We just elected a guy who is probably going to be the most liberal mayor this city has ever seen (I voted for Lhota, by the way). And he won in a fucking landslide. He's not real estate friendly at all, and all he wants to talk about is public housing and "a tale of two cities," which doesn't bode well for anyone, except for the people who are forever milking the system and draining the economy even further rolleyes.

So our views aren't that much different, StLguy. I'm probably just a little older than you (I'll be 55 this year), and a little crankier because I've lived in this city all my life. Except that today we live in Florida part time. We're heading down next week. So between this weather and all of this talk about change, I really can't wait to get off the plane at Palm Beach International! grin

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.