Originally Posted By: SharpieOne
Arm,

Is Turk Zogby still alive? Russ still run that crew? Heard they closed their social club across from Castronovo's, on Bleecker. That was wide out in the open last time I was in that area.

Any truth that 2 guys, young guys, roiders even, were made out of the Utica crew within the last 10 years? I'd venture to guess Utica has more made guys operating cohesively than Syracuse or Rochester, right?

I believe the Turk is still alive but inactive. I hear rumors that they were ready tio reopen the Angelo Grillo case and charge him, but nothing ever came of that. The social club across from Phil's is closed but the one on Bleeker and Mohawk is still very much active.
Russ still runs the crew day to day, but has never been made an actual Capo, he might hold the record for the longest "acting" title in the history of the LCN.
The two guys that were made were part of the crew from the old Gym on Whitesboro street (Rick P and Frankie M)
Rick was a disaster when I knew him back in the day, but he has grown into a really right guy, Frankie was always loose cannon, but I am told he has settled down and is more stand up in his old age as well. I really shouldn’t talk I was a young dumb ass in those days too. If the walls in the back room of Whitey’s could talk...:)
Yes the Utica crew is bigger than Syracuse and better st up than Rochesster. The old school guys from the bowling ally on Erie Blvd in east Syracuse (Andaloro, Salarno, Sabastian, Torio, Grenio, ) are all gone, but the new generation are some capable kids. "John J" (The restaurant guy from the airport) runs that crew. Lots of book, shy and women, and they have money on the street from Verona in a partnership with Utica.
The biggest shocker to me was, that that lowlife Matty Cuda who tried to suck up to the Colombos back in the 80s was charged with beating up his mother (I knew Joya, she was a sweet lady)and if I heard right, child molestation????
To bad the guy who shot him in front of Granmaldis was such a bad aim

Last edited by TheArm; 01/27/14 04:31 PM.

Been there and done it
I am very much for real, so if you ask, make sure you really want to know.