Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
Just a quick comment on factual mob books. When it comes to credibility, no book is either black or white. They are all in a gray area of truth and imagination/wrong author´s conclusions. As bad as the Casso book seems to be in some regards, there are stuff in there that should be taken seriously and not ignored. Ignoring info just because it doesn´t sound right or clashes with facts we think we know, can be foolish. Also Capeci´s and Raab´s works are fallible. There are factual errors for example in the latest D´Arco book and although a hell of a read, Five Families contents errors too.

I completely agree with LittleMan when he says that he always try to mention his sources when posting, so people can take that into consideration. I think that´s the right approach and attitude to have when posting on here. (I mean the stuff that comes from books.)

Agreed. Even if they are written by people like Frattianno, Vincent Teresa and Sammy the Bull. It is all grey because you have people who were there and know things (the black) then you have only their aspect/side of the truth (the white) making grey.

So nothing can really be 100%, correct?

One book I absolutely hated because it took something real and turned it into complete fiction was this book about Joe Gallo called "The Mad Ones" written by some kid in his late 20s early 30s who clearly is a fucking dork hipster who probably has never even been Brooklyn (hes probably never even been to Red Hook, Brooklyn but still..) He pretty much just made up so much shit and I just couldn't read it because it was all "Joey looked up at the sky as he pretended not to check out the passing girls butt" Just a bunch of shit like that in the book.

By the way, is Underboss by Sammy the Bull any good?