There are many parallels between Danny Greene's battle with the Cleveland mob and that of Raymond Flynn's. Both were volatile gangsters who became embroiled in an explosive war with the mob and both Danny Greene and Raymond Flynn left the mob family they went to war with in disarray. The only difference being Raymond Flynn was the Irishman the mob couldn't kill.

But one gaping hole of a question remains. Why did the Chicago Outfit stand by and allow Raymond Flynn to murder and blast his way to the top of the Union only to align himself with the Syrians who feared no reprisals from the mob?

Now Flynn was in tight with the Outfit but to all intents and purposes he wiped KC out as a power and made them look weak as fuck yet the Outfit would not step in to save KC?

Were they that fearful of Flynn? Were they that fearful of the Syrians?

Seems to me the Irishman they couldn't kill kicked ass and plunged the shiv into the back of the KC mob as a serious power as he blew his way to the top. My question is this, the Chicago Outfit were still a big power at the time, why did they allow Flynn to wipe an entire Mafia family off the surface of the map?

Answers please...

'So I say, “Live and let live.” That’s my motto. “Live and let live.” Anyone who can’t go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker. It’s a simple philosophy, but it’s always worked in our family.'

George Carlin