Growing up, I worked at some bars/restaurants in Rochester.

One thing is for sure, and it's that a lot of the legit business owners or drug dealers that frequent East Avenue/Alexander Street and back in the day, parts of East Rochester, want to appear as mobsters, even when they aren't. I never bothered trying to figure out who was for real.

I have no idea what it's like present day, but when I was a teen, you couldn't walk into a bar in Greece, Gates or Webster and swing a dead cat without hitting someone willing to take a bet.

Interesting that the present book revolves around local teams. I've never heard that. Seems like a good way to beat out the big competition from websites.

It's my understanding that some of Rene's grandkids (or maybe just kid?) are involved in the bar scene there. Who knows if that's true.

I've heard of some non-made construction guys who went away over the years for drugs...this was probably 20 years ago.

Joe LoDolce pleaded guilty to touching a 15-year-old boy a few years back. Not sure if he did any time.

Tony Leonardo is now out of Federal Custody. He was a local lawyer linked to the Brinks job. I think for money laundering. He just got out this week.

I've lived all over the place, and pockets of Rochester, and I mean VERY small pockets, are still like you'd imagine in the movies. Restaurants by the lake and on Jay Street that haven't been updated in 35 years, late night card games, sports slips at the remaining factories.

There's no reason for me to go back now, though.