Originally Posted By: 22
Hey frank Mazola what's the difference besides saying their in the Mob compared to saying they are ''made guys'' because when I was reading that transcript somebody posted about Ligambi's appeal from back in 97 that was a no no.One of the reasons for his new trial.

Neither being in the mob nor being a made guy is a crime technically. While it hurts credibility and increases believability that one will commit crimes, getting your button does not make one a felon. Conspiring to or commission of a felony is what makes someone a felon

I haven't read Ligambi's retrial from 1997. Here's my best guess. Without solid proof, the Prosecution took the leap in assuming Joe was made at the time he whacked out Frankie Flowers. Bobby Simone, his attorney (and a very good one), possibly failed to attack that nuance. The retrial judge likely concluded that Joe being a made member of Cosa Nostra unduly influenced the jury to convict. As much as to release him of guilt for the crime at retrial 10 years later.

F. Mazola, Esq.