Originally Posted By: VanillaLimeCoke
Originally Posted By: goombah
That's pretty cool Klydon.

I remember that game because of the drubbing Denver took. That was back when Elway had no running game. I believe that was Bill Walsh's last Super Bowl. It was also a back-to-back title for the 49ers, after having won on a 92 yard drive in the last minute the previous year.

Bill Walsh's final Super Bowl was the 92 yard drive one. The 55-10 one which was next year was George Seifert.

What's odd though was that the following year would be the closest Super Bowl after the most deficit Super Bowl.

Thanks for the correction. For some reason I was thinking that Seifert only won the ring in 1994 against SD, but you are correct.

It's not possible to go out on a higher winning note than how Walsh exited. Funny how he beat Cincinnati twice. The first game in 1981 was a close finish, but SF jumped to a 20-0 halftime lead. I remember an impressive 4th down goal line stand the Niners had in the first half, but Kenny Anderson leading the Bengals back in the 2nd half. That also was the first season of Cincinnati's uniform and helmet change with the tiger stripes. Previous to that, their helmets said "Bengals" and were very bland.

The conference championship games were pretty good to watch. I thought SF gave the game away more than Seattle won it. The Seahawks have a tough defense, but will have a much tougher test with Peyton Manning and the Denver receivers. If the game is close and relies upon the QBs to win it, Manning has a huge edge over Russell Wilson. Denver should play to stop the RB Lynch and dare Wilson to beat them through the air.