Originally Posted By: Nice_Guy
@frank Do I think they are in the mob, for sure, do I think they probably get kick backs from guys on the street, for sure too.

Me too.
You’re right, they aren’t being charged with murder or violence. They are being charged with (basically): accepting “kick-backs” from: vending and video poker, gambling, and extortion (loans). So, without putting words in your mouth: it seems that you may think they are guilty too. If they are guilty, Federal Sentencing Guidelines don’t allow Hon. Robreno very much leeway in sentencing them. He gets a sentencing chart. So you'd be best served taking that complaint to your local Congressman.

If you think that sucks for Ligambi and Georgie, count them lucky.
If this were state charges, during sentencing the judge is allowed to take everything into account. “Reasonable Doubt” becomes “Preponderance of the Evidence”, a lower standard. That means he can look at Staino’s threats, Mousie’s charges, Damion’s transgressions, etc. The judge can even convict Ligambi and Borgesi (as part of the criminal conspiracy), of the things that the jury was unable to convict on. Using that, he could potentially give them max time even if only convicted on 1 or 2 of the charges. If that were the case, I’d join you in your pre-judgment of Hon. Eduardo Robreno.

Last edited by FrankMazola; 01/16/14 04:28 PM.

F. Mazola, Esq.