Originally Posted By: FrankMazola
Originally Posted By: Nice_Guy
Scumbag judge, I don't care what you guys say, he is ProGovt and wants to slam these guys like he did there friends. Judge is NOGOOD

Some people on this board are so ignorant of the legal process. A properly functioning judge benefits not the state nor the defendants. A judge's job is to make sure that attorneys' motions match Federal/ State code and go through proper channels. He is to help make sure that defense and the government's questions and discovery do not confuse the lay jury. Don't get me wrong, I have very strong opinions about this retrial and these charges, but there have been a ton of ignorant comments about the legal process on this thread. Lame pot shots at the judge take the cake.

Or were you expecting Hon. Robreno (a citizen), to just let Ligambi and Borgesi leave the courthouse with their families every day after hearings?

You are really kidding yourself. The vast majority of federal judges, having backgrounds themselves with the US attorney's office, are very often slighted towards the prosecution. If anything, these mafia trials in Philly have proven the extent to which a federal judge is willing to hand out moronic sentences and rule in every fashion for the prosecution.

It is really great to watch federal prosecutors, themselves the product of a winner-take-all, convictions at any cost system that produces massive misconduct (as Judge Kozinski has openly stated) go on to accept and prompt such behavior from the "objective" bench.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/11/blistering-9th-circuit-di_n_4426802.html

Last edited by LittleNicky; 01/14/14 11:41 PM.

Should probably ask Mr. Kierney. I guess if you're Italian, you should be in prison.
I've read the RICO Act, and I can tell you it's more appropriate...
for some of those guys over in Washington than it is for me or any of my fellas here