What "details" about his death am I missing.

Seriously, let's have a rational discussion.

1. HSA: As usual, making wild claims without even trying to substantiate them, attempting to give the impression he knows firsthand from a source. Maybe he does and maybe he doesn't; I'll assume he doesn't and, even if he does, it doesn't matter, since it doesn't mean a hill of beans to anyone else.

2. Anyone is welcome to advance a rational theory of the crime based on something other than their intuition. I'm all ears. Otherwise here is where I would stand:

1. No one disputes Zizzo was killed by the mob, or extremely likely killed by the mob. On the other hand, no one in a position of authority has questioned the Lacocco death at all: cops, prosectors, coroner--the only semblance is an offhand comment by John Kass, who, while I normally like, I believe was wrong in this instance. He's been wrong before, after all: Where is Family Secrets II? Maybe he didn't know all the facts of the case at the time the article was written. Maybe he was just throwing it out there for the hell of it--what's to lose? In any event, it is pretty clear he is wrong.

2. None of you can even come up with a rational theory as to how the assasination took place.

3. Common sense tells you that a coroner or doctor examined him at one point following the accident. You are thus opnining that the mob devised a method of assassination that, while a failure, was sophisticated enough to be consistent with a fall from a horse. Or paid them off. Whatever happened, none of the various medical personelle who were involved in treating him post fall were capable of distinguishing the method of assissination from falling off a horse.

4. Speaking of which, the assiliant must have been psychic, as he or she either predicted or paid off the witnesses to call the fire chief and inform him that the man had fallen from the horse. Or paid off the fire chief. Or the reporter. In any event, somewhere, something along the line obviously does not compute. Again, any explanations are welcome: I'm all ears.

5. None of the myriad authorities involved in the Hired Truck scandal thought the case was worth investigating. Whereas Zizzo's disappearance was investigated by the FBI.

So, that's what I have in my corner.

In your corner you have coincidence and innuendo. You have absolutely no reason to think it was an assissination except for your intuition telling you so and the fact that he was a gangster in trouble with the law when he died.

What is more likley? That he fell off a horse, or that the mob devised a method--though it only partially worked--of assisinating a person that was consistent with a horse injury, somehow got the story printed in the Trib that a bunch of people saw him fall off the horse, validated by the town's fire chief, and was subsequently deemed of no interest by any of the myriad authorities whose job it is to keep their eye on organized crime in Chicago?