Originally Posted By: dontomasso

Rand Paul is licking his chops. So are a slew of "unknown" Democrats who will run against Hillary.

I'm baffled when I come across liberals online who think Hillary will win the nomination easily in a slam dunk. Remember when she was simmilarly "unstoppable" in '08 before that black freshman Senator with a foreign name beat her? Sure this time she'll hire better political operatives (probably Obama's guys/gals) and she's not hamstrung by stuff like Iraq as she was in '08. But she's not invincible.

I think more than anything else, they're forgetting about the one big obstacle in her way: The Vice-President. After we've had 2-term completed administrations within the primary era of American politics, their Vice-Presidents have run for President, all winning their party's nomination.

Joe Biden previously ran 2 unsuccessful Presidential campaigns. You all really think he'll refuse to take advantage of his last, best chance at becoming President himself? I would be shocked if he doesn't run.(Notice that Hillary sometime back politely sniped at Biden for being against the President's decision to greenlight that raid which killed Bin Laden. She thinks he's running too.)

Still it would be interesting to see how the President would deal with this hypothetical primary. Both members of his administration, though one actually served both terms and Biden as VPs usually are has been a loyal hatchetman. Biden would expect Obama's support, but Hillary is a (theoretically) a much better candidate than Biden.