Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
Come on why is the left making this into friggin Watergate? Was it a mistake on Christies part? Yes. Is there any evidence to support he ordered the shut down of a bridge? So far no and I'm inclined to believe he didn't.

Its interesting how both scandals have one thing in common: Both had incriminating evidence that surprisingly the responsible parties didn't erase or destroy, whether tapes or e-mails.

Remember that what killed Nixon wasn't the Watergate break-in as much as the cover-up and Nixon claiming to everybody (including several of his aides) that he never knew about the break-in or approved of it...until it came out that he was lying on both. Christie laid down the law, made his claim the other day on what's happening. If new dirt shoots holes in his story, then he's in trouble.

Anyway while you're naive and take his word for it, there's no direct evidence so far connecting the Governor to this delay. Is it a fair assumption that he knew what was going on and gave tacit approval to such a move? Yes. But that's not the same as evidence.

First my apologies MaryCas, I misinterpreted your post and sorry if I was rude.

Ronnie perhaps I'm a bit naïve in thinking Christie didn't have anything to do with this? Maybe. So far I'm inclined to believe it was his staff and not him. But it's not because I'm some extreme right winger I truly believe that Christie is the right type of man we need in the Oval Office and I'd hate to see such a politically savvy, smart man lose that chance.

In addition the left knows that if they trash this guy enough they take out one of the more challenging front runners for the GOP bid.

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone