Although I don't speak for MC, I think he was telling you that he was poking fun, speaking tongue in cheek to a certain extent.

I have to go with Afs on this one, as far as believing that Christie is lying. Everything about his personality shows me that he IS a micro-manager, and I find it hard to believe that he would give that kind of authority to his staff, the authority to shut down major traffic routes.

That doesn't make it a GOP exclusive. Every politician lies and covers up. It's in their blood, I swear.

As for his nomination in 2016, he, like Giuliani, suffers from being a little bit too New York (and I say that because the nation perceives the tristate area in that regard), a bit too outspoken, a bit too abrasive. However, he doesn't have the morality issues that Giuliani had - the crazy marriages, the girlfriend, the split with the Church and so on. I was always sorry that Giuliani didn't run for Governor after September 11th. He would have been a shoe-in, and we would have been spared that pig Spitzer.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club