Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
Originally Posted By: trophydave
hi sonny_black. im interested on ur thoughts on the toronto clans. in particular which clans may have supported the elimination of rizzutos. do u think all 7? clans were in on it?

It seems the locale of Vincenzo DeMaria was involved, and if I had to guess I'd say the sons of Paolo Violi (Luppinos) as well.

Yea I heard the rumors of the DeMaria clan being involved against the Rizzuto faction. Vito's Calabrian allies in Toronto are the Commisso clan which I believe is tied via marriage.

Overall I think it was the combination of the older Cotroni crew in Montreal headed by Joe Di Maulo, the Violis/Luppinos from Hamilton, and the DeMaria clan from Toronto. I'm also skeptical of Montagna's involvement in the onslaught. If anything I would imagine he got killed because he was probably working with the Rizzuto family, not against them. After all, why would he try to take out a key figure such as Desjardins who happens to be the brother in law of the probable architect of this whole onslaught? Makes no sense. Is there any actual evidence that they were working together and there was a fallout or is all of this speculation?

Last edited by Sharpshooter0009; 12/28/13 08:12 PM.