Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
Since the first season you could tell everything was set up while they were "at work".

I think that's true of all reality shows, Dixie. The only reality show that I watch is "Pawn Stars." And that's only for the historical element (and my man Chumlee cracks me up grin ). But at least a portion of that show is scripted. I'm sure of that much.
You are right, most of "Pawn Stars" is scripted. I have a friend who has been in the pawn business for ages. He knows of people who own very valuable collectibles who have been approached about going on the show and pretending to negotiate with the star while he has no intention of ever getting rid of the item. This happened here in Fayetteville where they started a show, "Combat Pawn" which only lasted two episodes, but again locals were approached about bringing in valuable firearms. By the way, Pawn Stars rakes in a lot of $$$ (Sure you know that) Your guy Chumlee drives either a Lamborghini or Maserati. Have you watched "Hardcore Pawn"- it's more realistic but I am sure they also script some things.