Originally Posted By: TheArm
Originally Posted By: oldirtyfishkilla
I would be fascinated to hear any and all things about Rochester.

You mentioned you were a Buffalo loyalist in the Alphabet Wars. I'm not sure I understand this as I thought Rochester was backed by the Bonanno's and had broken free of Buffalo?

I'd also like to hear a first hand account of what Sammy G was really like!

The media accounts of the ABC wars(what they called the A and B wars because they were not even aware of the 3rd faction) was horrific.
While there were blurry lines, the trinciples lined up this way. The Buffalo loyalists who supported the old guard and refused to recognize Rochester as a separate family and fought to maintain cental NY, The Pittsburgh/Bannano supported Valente crew of separatists, and the Columbo and Scranton/Pittston supported crew of Buffalo factions who were willing to let not only Rochester but everything west go to the highest bidder.
Sammy was considerably older than me and I only met him briefly as a young man, but he was by all accounts a piece of work. I would have liked to have known him better and under more pleasent circumstances

Too bad you only met Sammy G once. I wonder why did the Colombos get themselves into this mess? And who were the ones operating for the Colombos in that area?

[Linked Image]