Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: xs0u1x
right to free speech and beliefs does not exempt you from the consequences of said speech.This is a basic rule we are taught as children, there are consequences for your actions.A&E has every right to suspend him if they choose too. when you basically say that someones lifestyle leads to pig fucking....expect some repercussions.

free speech is a two way street. he's free to express his opinions, people are also free to disagree with him.

is louisiana a right to work state? lol the irony...there's nothing he can do anyways if they do fire him.

The "consequences" shouldn't have been him being suspended. What he said wasn't worthy of that. But it's like A&E almost felled compelled to because of the hyper-PC culture in our society today.

And, for the record, he was suspended because of his remarks about gays. Not blacks.

but they did. just like any other place of employment would have done if I, myself, had been caught posting on facebook or something by co-workers for example.

if he is not prepared to defend his views, then he should not state them. free speech is not about "what I say goes and there is nothing you can do about it" in fact when you piss off a large segment of the population expect to defend yourself.

I'm serious, try that in your workplace and see how quickly you get let go. and if you are in a right to work/at-will employment state like louisiana, there is not a damn thing you can do about it.

Last edited by xs0u1x; 12/26/13 01:37 PM.