I got the Gambino brothers mixed up. I was talking about Joe Gambino who is a Mafioso from Sicily. John Gambino is a Capo in the Gambino crime family. Sorry for the mix up.

I think a lot of people are claiming that New York's Gambino and Bonanno crime families are calling the shots in Montreal is due to Frank Cali of the Gambino crime family, and Salvatore Catalano of the Bonanno crime family are acting like as intermediary to Montreal and Sicily. Montreal is still in control by the Sicilians.

There is about half a billion dollars worth of drugs in Montreal every year and about a quarter of a billion dollars in other rackets every year. The Sicilians are not going to give that up. They are losing money right now and want things to calm down fast.

The top contender for taking over the Rizzuto crime family in my honest opinion is Rocco Sollecito, but like I have said, even the top contenders are never a sure thing. ForgettableName made an excellent post above about the Rizzuto family power structure.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green